Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Illustration Friday - "Change"


Presto, Change-O! Your watch has magically changed into... a rabbit! Mr. Bunny looks bored and bemused...I need to work on my facial expressions. I think it would be better if he was excitedly "in on the trick" or surprised and "not in on the trick." This was a quick drawing with Prismacolor markers. I'm trying to get a gift project sewn up before I leave on a trip, so that's been eating up my free time. Oh, yes, and baking Bette Hagman's "Honey Almond Sourdough Bread." Yum!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to get things right when you've got just one take. I like Bunny's expression, though. He looks content!

Ellen said...

This is a perfect and unique fit for the theme. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I agree,he needs to be surprised!

Amy Zaleski said...

This is a really original take on the theme! I like your bunny's personality...he looks like perhaps he has been in the business a long time and seen it all before. Great job on the highlight on the hat!

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Very nice drawing! Such a great expression. Hope the bread turned out good!

carla said...

I like the expression on the bunny's face...it's a "been there, done that" look that's perfect for the subject. He seems to like his job; he's done this so often that it just comes naturally. Great colors - they make me think of a vontage magic show poster. I hope your bread turned out well...I'll bet it's gone by now:>

georg said...

To make a bunny with his own personality - that's clever done! I like his face, tired of that foolish magic..

Amy Zaleski said...

Thanks for your comment on my Equinox illustration. I've been using Illustrator for many years, but really don't consider myself as knowledgeable with it as I should be. I'm sure there are books to help. I was lucky enough to take a class through a company for whom I was employed. It's like anything else, if you use it a lot you'll get better. I have Painter which I have never used....it's an amazing program. Maybe someday I'll get to it. I paid for it, after all!