Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday Spirit

We have been enjoying our Christmas break around here! The weather outside is frightful -- rainy, in the low 40s-- but inside is warm, dry, and ginger-scented! I got some major shopping done yesterday, and while it was crowded everywhere, everyone was very patient and pleasant. I think those of us with electricity are especially grateful to be Christmassing and not just in "survival" mode!
Tuesday, I made some gingersnap cookies, substituting rice flour for the wheat, so I'd have something to nibble when the gingerbread house pieces were baking. Nobody else cares if the gingersnaps are gluten-free, they are gobbled up! Then yesterday I mixed up a double batch of gingerbread dough and royal icing and slapped together three little houses, "glued" extra well to withstand heavy decoration. This morning my little nephew joined my boys and each decorated their own house. My 3 year old niece kept busy counting pretzels and eating M&Ms.
Look quick! The nibblers can't be held off for long!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your house!!!!!

Sounds like you are having a good holiday!!!

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful house. Wishing you and yours a wonderful festive season!

Anonymous said...

You are the coolest Mom and Aunt! What fun!