Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Self-Portrait Challenge - "New Year's Resolution: Weight Loss"

UPDATE Jan. 15: Drumroll, please! 5.5 pounds lost! Equal to a bag of sugar AND a box of noodles - two things I'm avoiding!
Update Jan. 8: 4 boxes of 14 oz. cereal = 3.5 pound lost so far!






"How can we express our new year resolutions through photography and self portraiture? …"



I have seen several blog pals participate in the Self Portrait Challenge over the past months and I decided to check it out. The way it works is that each month a theme is posted and you can enter a photo for it each week. This month's theme "New Year's Resolutions" is too juicy to resist, so I'm in.


One of the most cliched of resolutions - weight loss. I started this resolution early, after I downloaded the camera on Christmas day and saw myself on the slideshow. Eeep! Actually, before I saw the SPC theme, I had thought it would be interesting, and perhaps motivating, to record visually the amount of weight that I had lost so far. So, here it is, after one week - 2.5 lbs lost - equal to one bag of powdered sugar and a jar of marshmallow creme (appropriate, no?).

8 comments:

LeS said...

This photo is hysterical (and motivating)!!

Anonymous said...

Pictures like that really put it into perspective - don't they???

Good luck. I don't think that resolution would be so cliche if everyone didn't want do it. I think it sounds like you're doing great! Yay!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, is there any (healthy) woman in our society who has NOT resolved to lose weight this year (and every year?) I love your uniqe way of viewing and recording your weight loss.

Anastasia said...

i think thats always one of my resolutions haha
What is marshamallow creme?? is it any good? - Id love to explore an american supermarket - Im sure Id be totaly amused!!

boho girl said...

this picture made me smile...

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Good grief - I already knew. My resolution is to NOT lose my mind any further! That being said, it will be completely gone tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Nice post! You have said it very well. Keep going.