Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Dig It!

Warrior King, Crown Jewel, Overjoyed,
Megabucks, Lace Artistry, Freedom Song,
Eagle's Flight, Beautiful Vision, Bride's Halo
j
I spent the morning digging, dividing, composting and replanting our front yard flowerbed. The nine iris, above, that I bought from Schreiner's Gardens and planted 4 years ago have multiplied into FORTY new rhizomes! The flowerbed is now, uh, full. I also divided some cute itty-bitty miniature iris that my Gramma gave me a few years ago, and moved some volunteer shasta daisies from the back to front yard too. And tried to avoid the clumps of tulip bulbs hidden in there. OOF! Glad that's done and it won't need doing again for a few years! It should look gorgeous next summer.

1 comment:

MamaZuzi said...

You don't know me, but your getting out there and putting your art out there has inspired me to start trying to get paid to write again... however now that I've got a new paid gig... I'm stressing out a bit... thanks for the inspiration.