Sunday, June 15, 2008

For the Graduate

This crazy conglomeration is my latest cake creation - a graduation cake for our friends' son. She looked through my cake picture album, and we decided on a "game of Life" cake, similar to the layout of one I've done before. This one describes the graduate's moves to different states, childhood, sports, loves (his Facebook is on the itty-bitty laptop!), and future at college.
I made two half-sheet cakes, one chocolate and one butter cake, and frosted them together on a fullsheet board. Four cake mixes, four pounds of powdered sugar, and two pounds of butter.
j
Now I have an order for a wedding cake next month! Our former babysitter is getting married and I'm doing her cake. Hear that? creak, creak I'm feeling old...

1 comment:

Sushi Mama said...

Your cakes always impress me. :)