Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Rosy Wedding Day

My babysitter of a few years back got married on Saturday, and I made the cake for them. She just wanted a small cake, so this is a 6" square on top of a 10" square. White cake with raspberry filling, buttercream frosting and real roses for the decoration.
It wasn't too hard to do - I assembled it on site at the reception. I put covered cardboard under the small cake, and placed it on plastic support pillars in the large cake, then piped a shell border over the edge. One of my neighbors generously donated her light pink unsprayed roses!
j
My family thought the best part was that I had a good sized piece of cake left over from the base that they got to eat!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - Awesome!!!

Amazing

Beautiful

You are so talented!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sushi Mama said...

Yes, it was totally yum.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cake. I had a question about your gluten free blog button. I would love to have one on my blog too. Do you know how I go about getting one? I see that yours is linked to another blog. Is it her design? Thanks.