Saturday, August 12, 2006

Illustration Friday - "Play"


Wow, I'm quick with this week's topic, hmm? As soon as I saw the topic, I thought of how my doggie, Gipper, looks up to me with a toy in his mouth and the expression in his eyes clearly communicates, "Play?" I love Larry Merrill's "A Dog Each Day" blog, and I submitted Gip's photo to him, but he said he had lots of photos and wasn't sure he'd get to it - so I did it myself! BTW, Gipper is a 1 year old Bichon Frise/Shih Tzu cross and he was my 39th-birthday present last year.

Drawn with black Micron pen and Prismacolor markers.

6 comments:

Amy Zaleski said...

What a cutie! Great pet portrait and really nice perspective on this little guy! How could you resist the invitation to play!?

claudine hellmuth said...

what a sweet baby! I can tell her wants to play!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, SO SWEET!! How can one resist?!?

Anastasia said...

this is fabulous!! Gipper is a cutie and looks eager to play!!
Great work Paula!

Ali said...

Gipper is such a sweet dog. You've really captured his 'essence of doggyness'.

carla said...

What a cutie! And you did a splendid job with his portrait:> I love seeing the reference photo, too... I can see how beautifully you captured his look and his mood!