Saturday, February 03, 2007

This 'n' That

Oh yes, creative stuff is happening over here, I just haven't been blogging it! This was the first week of the new semester, and since we've pulled back out of the public school system's homeschool resource center, we are adjusting a bit to being more "home" homeschoolers!

My younger son requested some comfy flannel pajama pants "like his brother's," so he and I picked out 2 flannels at the fabric store and I made them this week: one wild camo print and one blinding red pair. He loves them!
j
This little tree is a detail from another birthday gift painting coming up. I'll show you soon! I've also been working on the bluebird painting and working on a composition for a cardinal painting too. Last week, one of my blog readers emailed me and offered to buy some of my bird paintings! My men had to scrape me off the ceiling with a spatula, I was so excited! What an honor! I'm not selling yet, though. I'm going to try and get into a juried show first!
j
Well, better get back to making a dairy-and-wheat-free Baked Alaska for J's birthday tomorrow! What a fitting cake for a rock-climbing birthday party!
j
P.S. Have you heard about this 12 year old artist, Akiane Kramarik? This short CNN segment is amazing! Have a look at her website too.

1 comment:

Norma said...

I saw that segment and I was totally blown away by her talent and soooo young. Truly a gift from God.