Friday, September 14, 2007

Lavender Farmhouse

"Lavender Farmhouse"
Acrylic on wrapped canvas, 5" x 5"
j
I finished this little painting this morning - the first landscape I've done in acrylics. I was trying too keep it simple and not go detail-mad. It helps that I used Golden's light molding paste to texture the canvas first - it changes the absorbency of the surface to be more like watercolor paper. Trying to get back into the habit of painting pictures again. I feel so good when I'm doing it! I think doing a big painting was too much - the poor thing is doomed to be painted over.
j
I took many photos of the lavender farms in Sequim on our visits, and I have many potential little paintings in my head. Do any of you Washingtonians recognize this house? It's at Purple Haze Lavender Farm. And I see on their blog that they are currently turning this farmhouse into a vacation rental!

1 comment:

Kathy - Pink Chalk Studio said...

I would love to spend a weekend in that house. You captured the beauty if the lavender rows perfectly.