Saturday, December 08, 2007

The Rather Odd Meme (Thanks, Ali!)

I haven't been doing anything creative lately (ummmm....wrapping packages?) and haven't been taking any photos either, so thus, therefore, and consequentially, I haven't any blog fodder and have been neglecting you all, my faithful readers (ha! check out my hundreds of comments! well, I'm sure there're a few lurkers out there... I still haven't figured out those site-meter thingies...)
j
So anyhow, I saw this Rather Odd Meme at domesticali today and it made me smile, so I thought I'd do it so you'd have something new to read, however bizarre.
j
What kind of soap do you have in your bathtub right now?
Two, actually. One is a honey-glycerine bar that hubby uses and one is an additive-free, non-perfumed, olive oil-based bar. We've both had some issues with hives and allergic reactions this year, and these seem to work for us.
j
Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator?
No, but I regularly do have very odd or out-of-season produce in there; as a homeschooling family we are always picking up exotic fruits that are from the countries we are studying, or veggies that "Farmer Boy" might have eaten... The most recent experiment was prickly pear cactus (verdict: yummy but seedy - tastes like kiwi or passionfruit).
j
What would you change about your living room?
I would finally find the perfect art to hang on the blank walls... I don't know what... or paint it myself... you can see the problem...
j
Are the dishes in the dishwasher clean or dirty?
Dirty, but there's just a few; I ran it yesterday afternoon and emptied it.
j
What's in your fridge?
What?! I'd be hear ALL DAY! You are talking to a mixed food-allergic family here! I have three types of milk, for Pete's sake! Soy, rice and cow's! Suffice to say: a large variety of dairy and dairy substitutes, lots of cold-cuts (wrestling season is on now), and lots of produce (we cook from scratch most all the time). Come see for yourself if you need more detail than that!
j
White or wheat bread?
Wheat only. Raised the boys on it and now they are programmed to think white is strange. I'm thinking about maybe mixing up some gluten-free bread soon - I just haven't found any decent in the stores, and homemade is quite good, although it doesn't last long (I mean it doesn't taste good for many days, not that I have to worry about that - the men are NOT prejudiced against gluten-free: homemade bread is homemade bread!)

Wow! This is a LONG meme! Maybe I'll save the rest for next time so I have something to post about! I'll leave you with a verse:
j
"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made: your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

1 comment:

Ali said...

My pleasure. And contents of a fridge from memory was quite an interesting exercise!