Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the precious mommies out there!
j
Here's to my gramma, who just moved OUT of assisted living back to her farm for the summer and fall ... Thank you, Gram, for all the summers on the farm, homemade dresses, teaching me how to sew and make homemade jelly. For sharing all your art supplies and sharing your love of crafts and painting with me. For planting rows of flowers in dozens of varieties, and letting me fill up your house with bouquets all summer. For trips up to the log cabin on the lake that you and Grampa built. For frying the fish I caught. For getting me ducks or kittens or a lamb or bunnies to play with all summer.
jj
Thank you, Mom P, for raising my island-boy husband up on the other side of the world from me. For loving him and praying for him and for telling him how handsome he was (even when he was a pudgy pre-teen and he wasn't sure he believed you). Thanks for reading to him and working hard so he could go to private school and for sending him off to college in the Midwest USA where I could find him.

Thanks, Mom for going through everything you did to have us kids. Thanks for driving us back and forth to the Midwest so we could know our grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins. Thanks for the ballet lessons and art lessons and for being a lunch room mother and a band mom. Thanks for sending me off to college and telling me that you wanted me to study whatever made me happy. Thank you for all your support as a mom and grandma for 42 years.

And happy Mom's Day to my sister and sis-in-laws, and all you lovely blogging mommas!

No comments: