Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ring Around the Rosy, a Border Full of Posies!



I think the nursery's done! Gotta go back Monday with a clear eye and look it over for touch-ups before I toss out the paint cups. I think this was a great learning project for me. Here's what I learned from it:

- It took me 20 hours of work to paint 28 feet of this border.
- I need to determine my working schedule with the client and if I can be in the house unattended.
- Working in a room still under construction is interesting! Need to keep all my things together in a portable tray or rack so that if someone moves my stuff, it won't spill or get lost.
- I am allergic to cats and fluffy dogs and I need to be able to limit their access while I work.
- Always have papertowel and clean water at the ready before you start!
- Determine what your paint-clothes are so you don't ruin your entire wardrobe.
- Remember to stretch out and to eat and drink regularly so you don't get shaky and sloppy.
j
I'm going to bring my tripod and get official "after" shots for my portfolio next week, after they get the crib and other furniture set up. Yay!


3 comments:

Supervised Mama said...

Congrats, it looks beautifil!

Sushi Mama said...

Wonderful. Nothing like actually doing a project to learn what works, and what works better!

Gina said...

Oh that is so beautiful!